Haru Invest: Earn Crypto & BTCApp Store
Our wallet review process
We examine wallets starting at the code level and continue all the way up to the finished app that lives on your device. Provided below is an outline of each of these steps along with security tips for you and general test results.
Application build test result
(Analysis from Android review)
While this might be a good thing:
- External Custodians are usually highly specialized in securing assets
- External Custodians will care about fixing issues with one client, to not lose others
- External Custodians are usually registered businesses under regulatory oversight
- External Custodians will try to protect your funds even from your wallet provider: With fraud detection, they will certainly try to avoid the emptying of all users' wallets at once
- External Custodians are extra intermediaries: Even when the wallet provider wants to let you use your money, they might turn out to be uncooperative
- External Custodians holding custody of many wallets are interesting targets for hackers and thieves
- External Custodians, being publicly registered will not be able to resist if in their jurisdiction rules on the use of Bitcoin get tightened
As External Custodians usually don't publish lists of companies they are working with and past information might be outdated, we have no way of assuring claims by wallet providers to be using their custody solution. Please let us know if you found proof that the provider is being dishonest about their business relation to External Custodians!
High earn rates, no hidden fees, secure - Haru Invest is the perfect place to earn crypto effortlessly.
High earn rates - Receive up to 15% APR on your Bitcoin, Ethereum and USDT by simply locking up your crypto
Safe and secure - Security is not an issue with us. We are proud of our zero breach record. We are protected by BitGo and we comply with KYC/AML regulations.
From an article on HaruBank’s official Medium blog:
HaruBank team is delighted to announce our collaboration with BitGo. As one of the most trusted crypto custodian, BitGo will be providing HaruBank with business wallet service. Here are some of the highlights of the collaboration:
- BitGo wallets provide multi-signature security, multi-user policy controls, and the most advanced security configurations that conform to the most rigorous industry standards.
- HaruBank is protected by BitGo’s multi-sig wallet technology combined with the data cross-check process.
We downloaded the app and were able to get to email confirmation. Identity Verification is required before you can withdraw or deposit Bitcoins. We were not able to locate backup and restore functions.
This service is a custodial app that cannot be verified.
Tests performed by Daniel Andrei R. Garcia
Do your own research
In addition to reading our analysis, it is important to do your own checks. Before transferring any bitcoin to your wallet, look up reviews for the wallet you want to use. They should be easy to find. If they aren't, that itself is a reason to be extra careful.