Ore System CoolWallet Pro
Our wallet review process
We examine wallets starting at the code level and continue all the way up to the finished app that lives on your device. Provided below is an outline of each of these steps along with security tips for you and general test results.
Application build test result
The ORE System is a next-generation block-chain technology that creates value for content-creators, collectors, and studios.
ORE System specializes in blockchain enabled gaming and integration. The ORE System is a single ecoverse including The ORE Token, The ORE SDK, The ORE Forge and The ORE Stealth.
The ORE System card is a co-branding effort with:
Interested users can find more information about their co-branding partnership on this page.
As a co-branded device with, we believe that it possesses the same characteristics - including the price.
- Encrypted Bluetooth connection for Android and iOS
- EAL 6+ certified Secure Element
- DeFi, Dapp and NFT (e.g. Rarible, Opensea) In-app Integration Coming Soon
- Multi-cryptocurrency Support
- Trading features
- Tron (TRX), Cosmos (ATOM), PolkaDot (DOT), BEP20 Token- BNB, BEP20 Official and Customized Tokens, TRC20 Tokens – USDT / USDJ / JUST / WBTT / WIN & All Other TRC20 Tokens
- Bitcoin Specification Supported
- Bitcoin algorithm: Support transaction signing algorithm ECDSA with specified elliptic curve secp256k1
- BIP-32 : BIP-32 HD Wallets
- BIP-44 : BIP-44 Support multiple coin type and accounts. Each account includes up to 232 external and internal Bitcoin transaction addresses
- Seed Generation
- Generate seed directly from the CoolWallet Pro (recommended) or via the CoolBitX Crypto App.
The unboxing video from ORE System shows a CoolWallet Pro box. But the card inside shows the branding of the ORE System.
As indicated in thereview, the firmware is not publicly available.
We’d like to add that the device pairs with a mobile app. We’ve asked ORE System via Telegram whether their device pairs with the following apps or if they have their own:
CoolBitX (the manufacturer of the CoolWalletPro) disclosed in December 18, 2020, that the device has a vulnerability related to its Bluetooth pairing. The vulnerability exists given the following conditions:
- If a user uses the basic wallet creation and wallet recovery functions through an outdated app version.
- If a malicious actor is physically within 30 meters of you and your CoolWallet at that time.
- If the bad actor has prepared a second CoolWallet to intercept private information.
This has since been patched. The url for this article describes this as a “Seed Replay Attack”, which can only be executed provided the 3 conditions above are met.
Tests performed by Daniel Andrei R. Garcia
Do your own research
In addition to reading our analysis, it is important to do your own checks. Before transferring any bitcoin to your wallet, look up reviews for the wallet you want to use. They should be easy to find. If they aren't, that itself is a reason to be extra careful.