Firefly Wallet ProGoogle Play
Our wallet review process
We examine wallets starting at the code level and continue all the way up to the finished app that lives on your device. Provided below is an outline of each of these steps along with security tips for you and general test results.
Application build test result
This XLM based wallet supports Bitcoin as well as Ethereum. Users can create a bitcoin wallet from the app and it would have a separate 12-word mnemonic phrase from the XLM and Ethereum wallets.
- Support multiple accounts. You can set different federal addresses and inflation pool, etc.
- Integrated convenient and efficient QR code scanning function. Accounts import/export, namecards, contacts, sending and receiving assets, etc. are fully supported.
- Supporting decentralized asset exchange, you can customize any asset trading pair, view corresponding trading information, create or cancel your own offers.
- Support asset deposit and withdrawal (provided by the corresponding anchor), based on SEP-0006 protocol.
- The private key/seed is encrypted and stored in the local storage, which ensures the security of the assets.
Although the app describes itself as an open source project, we took a look at their repository and it was mentioned there that it was no longer being maintained. The last commit was dated February 25, 2019. The last update for the Android app was made on February 10, 2022.
Tests performed by Daniel Andrei R. Garcia
Do your own research
In addition to reading our analysis, it is important to do your own checks. Before transferring any bitcoin to your wallet, look up reviews for the wallet you want to use. They should be easy to find. If they aren't, that itself is a reason to be extra careful.