BYKEP - Bitcoin for everyoneGoogle Play
Our wallet review process
We examine wallets starting at the code level and continue all the way up to the finished app that lives on your device. Provided below is an outline of each of these steps along with security tips for you and general test results.
Application build test result
In the description, BYKEP advertises buying crypto by credit card or transfer.
It also directly states that it is a custodial product.
The BYKEP wallet is the perfect compromise between the security of a physical wallet and the convenience of a digital wallet:
- Your cryptos are kept cold (cold wallet): the most secure type of storage
- No need to remember your 12/24 words to access your cryptos
- If you lose your credentials, contact our customer service to recover them safely
From the site, on the How does it work? page.:
BYKEP™ wallet’ private keys are stored following a multi-layer enhanced security protocols . Not displaying the private key, provide novice users, with a cryptocurrency managing tool, adapted to basic technical knowledge.
From the General Terms and Conditions:
BYKEP undertakes to store your Crypto-actives securely in your BYKEP Crypto-Wallet. The storage of access to your Crypto-actives is carried out on unconnected media (Cold Storage), thus guaranteeing the integrity of your private key.
- 5.2 The security protocols in place guarantee You access to your Crypto-actives by protecting them against the risk of loss, forgetting or deterioration of traditional means of access.
- 5.3 The management of access rights within BYKEP allows to limit access to the BYKEP Crypto-Wallet while preserving access in case of internal failure (operational resilience).
- 5.4 BYKEP is responsible for controlling the means of access to your Crypto-actives (private cryptographic keys) and for entering the balance of your Crypto-actives in your Crypto-Wallet BYKEP. However, Keplerk is not responsible for the possession of your login credentials allowing access to your BYKEP Crypto-Wallet, for which You alone are responsible.
- 5.5 BYKEP undertakes to comply with the principles of segregation of Crypto-actives, prohibition of the use of Crypto-actives of the Customers unless otherwise agreed by the Customers, and return of Crypto-actives in accordance with the terms defined in these GTC.
Keys are definitely on the side of the providers.
This app is clearly custodial. Thus it is not verifiable.
Tests performed by Daniel Andrei R. Garcia
Do your own research
In addition to reading our analysis, it is important to do your own checks. Before transferring any bitcoin to your wallet, look up reviews for the wallet you want to use. They should be easy to find. If they aren't, that itself is a reason to be extra careful.