CryptoWallet | Exchange & CardGoogle Play
Our wallet review process
We examine wallets starting at the code level and continue all the way up to the finished app that lives on your device. Provided below is an outline of each of these steps along with security tips for you and general test results.
Application build test result
While this might be a good thing:
- External Custodians are usually highly specialized in securing assets
- External Custodians will care about fixing issues with one client, to not lose others
- External Custodians are usually registered businesses under regulatory oversight
- External Custodians will try to protect your funds even from your wallet provider: With fraud detection, they will certainly try to avoid the emptying of all users' wallets at once
- External Custodians are extra intermediaries: Even when the wallet provider wants to let you use your money, they might turn out to be uncooperative
- External Custodians holding custody of many wallets are interesting targets for hackers and thieves
- External Custodians, being publicly registered will not be able to resist if in their jurisdiction rules on the use of Bitcoin get tightened
As External Custodians usually don't publish lists of companies they are working with and past information might be outdated, we have no way of assuring claims by wallet providers to be using their custody solution. Please let us know if you found proof that the provider is being dishonest about their business relation to External Custodians!
CryptoWallet is an end-to-end crypto banking and commercial solution. CrypoWallet app:
- Seamless navigation through the crypto exchange, wallet, and debit card setting features.
- Generous affiliate program that lets users earn crypto as they go, so you can make money while you spend it.
- Smooth, intuitive UI that makes crypto more accessible than ever.
- Customize your app to show only the currencies you’re using and hide the rest.
- Get 24/7 customer support in X different languages including English, Spanish, Russian, South Korean, Chinese, Japanese and Hindi
Here, CryptoWallet says that it is secured by BitGo:
CryptoWallet is cryptographically secured by BitGo, a licensed custodian and world leader in digital asset security. CryptoWallet is licensed to facilitate the trade of cryptocurrencies and is a legally compliant entity. User data is securely stored on private single-tenant cloud architecture.
★☆☆☆☆ September 20, 2021
Phone verification is failed because your partner company doesn’t send your SMS Codes to me. Please change your partner company.
★★★☆☆ August 24, 2021
Zero reviews. My last review was removed. Something is wrong here.
★☆☆☆☆ November 15, 2021
The KYC validation process for new accts is really tedious and keep having failed validation over a number of tries due to some misalightment of requirements in user info… Unable to self edit or resubmit, only solution to fix this is to email directly to them.
On the homepage, we find CryptoWallet’s claims on custody.
CryptoWallet is secured by BitGo, the world’s leading Bitcoin payment processor. Your digital assets and user privacy are protected by a thorough suite of security measures. These include Two-factor authentication (2FA), end-to-end encryption, and multi-signature cold storage.
CryptoWallet is licensed in Estonia and we are fully legally compliant in handling cryptocurrency trade and storage in all countries where our services are available. You can open your own secure crypto wallet simply by downloading the CW app. Try it out!
From Terms and Conditions, 9.3:
CW LAB can terminate client access to the Website and any other Products at the sole discretion of the company.
This app is custodial but also defunct. Users on the Play Store appear to have been barred from registration since November and there has been no response from the dev team.
Tests performed by Daniel Andrei R. Garcia
Do your own research
In addition to reading our analysis, it is important to do your own checks. Before transferring any bitcoin to your wallet, look up reviews for the wallet you want to use. They should be easy to find. If they aren't, that itself is a reason to be extra careful.