KingMax SecSycript Card x1🔍 Last analysed 11th March 2021 . No source for current release found
Without public source of the reviewed release available, this product cannot be verified!
As part of our Methodology, we ask:
Is the source code publicly available?If the answer is "no", we mark it as "No source for current release found".
A wallet that claims to not give the provider the means to steal the users’ funds might actually be lying. In the spirit of “Don’t trust - verify!” you don’t want to take the provider at his word, but trust that people hunting for fame and bug bounties could actually find flaws and back-doors in the wallet so the provider doesn’t dare to put these in.
Back-doors and flaws are frequently found in closed source products but some remain hidden for years. And even in open source security software there might be catastrophic flaws undiscovered for years.
An evil wallet provider would certainly prefer not to publish the code, as hiding it makes audits orders of magnitude harder.
For your security, you thus want the code to be available for review.
If the wallet provider doesn’t share up to date code, our analysis stops there as the wallet could steal your funds at any time, and there is no protection except the provider’s word.
“Up to date” strictly means that any instance of the product being updated without the source code being updated counts as closed source. This puts the burden on the provider to always first release the source code before releasing the product’s update. This paragraph is a clarification to our rules following a little poll.
We are not concerned about the license as long as it allows us to perform our analysis. For a security audit, it is not necessary that the provider allows others to use their code for a competing wallet. You should still prefer actual open source licenses as a competing wallet won’t use the code without giving it careful scrutiny.The product cannot be independently verified. If the provider puts your funds at risk on purpose or by accident, you will probably not know about the issue before people start losing money. If the provider is more criminally inclined he might have collected all the backups of all the wallets, ready to be emptied at the press of a button. The product might have a formidable track record but out of distress or change in management turns out to be evil from some point on, with nobody outside ever knowing before it is too late.
Help spread awareness for build reproducibility
Please help us spread the word discussing transparency with KingMax SecSycript Card x1 via their Twitter!
Do your own research!
Try out searching for "lost bitcoins", "stole my money" or "scammers" together with the wallet's name, even if you think the wallet is generally trustworthy. For all the bigger wallets you will find accusations. Make sure you understand why they were made and if you are comfortable with the provider's reaction.
If you find something we should include, you can create an issue or edit this analysis yourself and create a merge request for your changes.
The Analysis ¶
Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, BNB, OMNI USDT, Ripplecoin, Dogecoin, Litecoin and ERC20 tokens.
- Security Feature: Embedded CC EAL 6+ certified security element.
- Bluetooth version: Compatible with BLE 5.0 and encrypted communication, the transmission distance is set to one meter.
- Crypto currency: Support Bitcoin, Ethereum, BNB, OMNI USDT, Ripplecoin, Dogecoin, Litecoin and ERC20 tokens.
- Improvement Proposals: Support BIP32, BIP39 and BIP44. (Hierarchical Deterministic wallet).
- Account: Each currency allows up to 20 accounts.
- Display: 1.43” 30K pixel ePaper.
Private Key Generation
- When creating a new wallet for the first time, the card will generate 12 mnemonic words randomly and automatically. Press the “ Multiple Smart buttons” to produce and show the next mnemonic word sequentially. [Remind] Please write down the 12 mnemonic words on the attached mnemonic card one by one. If the SecSycript card lost can’t find, the 12 mnemonic words are the only way to get back the private key and assets. It is very important to write down 12 mnemonic words correctly and keep them well.
Has a Display? Yes.
- 1.43” E-ink 30K pixel ePaper
Recovery is through 12 word mnemonic phrase
- Before the hardware wallet recovering process, charge power and find out your own mnemonic card with first-time generating 12 mnemonic words.
- Follow the instructions of the mobile APP and input the 12 mnemonic words generated by the card in order. All the English letters and orders of mnemonic words must be completely correct to restore the wallet.
- After the wallet is restored, there will be a page for setting a security password. Please follow the setting steps for creating a new hardware wallet. After setting, the new hardware wallet will synchronize the assets of the account on the blockchain automatically.
We were not able to locate a publicly-available repository for this device.
Share onTwitter Facebook LinkedIn
Or embed a widget in your website
<iframe src="https://walletscrutiny.com/widget/#appId=hardware/kingmax.secsycript.card.x1&theme=auto&style=short" name="_ts" style="min-width:180px;border:0;border-radius:10px;max-width:280px;min-height:30px;"> </iframe>
<iframe src="https://walletscrutiny.com/widget/#appId=hardware/kingmax.secsycript.card.x1&theme=auto&style=long" style="max-width:100%;width:342px;border:0;border-radius:10px;min-height:290px;"> </iframe>