KingMax SecSycript Card x1
Our wallet review process
We examine wallets starting at the code level and continue all the way up to the finished app that lives on your device. Provided below is an outline of each of these steps along with security tips for you and general test results.
Application build test result
Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, BNB, OMNI USDT, Ripplecoin, Dogecoin, Litecoin and ERC20 tokens.
- Security Feature: Embedded CC EAL 6+ certified security element.
- Bluetooth version: Compatible with BLE 5.0 and encrypted communication, the transmission distance is set to one meter.
- Crypto currency: Support Bitcoin, Ethereum, BNB, OMNI USDT, Ripplecoin, Dogecoin, Litecoin and ERC20 tokens.
- Improvement Proposals: Support BIP32, BIP39 and BIP44. (Hierarchical Deterministic wallet).
- Account: Each currency allows up to 20 accounts.
- Display: 1.43” 30K pixel ePaper.
Private Key Generation
- When creating a new wallet for the first time, the card will generate 12 mnemonic words randomly and automatically. Press the “ Multiple Smart buttons” to produce and show the next mnemonic word sequentially. [Remind] Please write down the 12 mnemonic words on the attached mnemonic card one by one. If the SecSycript card lost can’t find, the 12 mnemonic words are the only way to get back the private key and assets. It is very important to write down 12 mnemonic words correctly and keep them well.
Has a Display? Yes.
- 1.43” E-ink 30K pixel ePaper
Recovery is through 12 word mnemonic phrase
- Before the hardware wallet recovering process, charge power and find out your own mnemonic card with first-time generating 12 mnemonic words.
- Follow the instructions of the mobile APP and input the 12 mnemonic words generated by the card in order. All the English letters and orders of mnemonic words must be completely correct to restore the wallet.
- After the wallet is restored, there will be a page for setting a security password. Please follow the setting steps for creating a new hardware wallet. After setting, the new hardware wallet will synchronize the assets of the account on the blockchain automatically.
We were not able to locate a publicly-available repository for this device.
Tests performed by Daniel Andrei R. Garcia
Do your own research
In addition to reading our analysis, it is important to do your own checks. Before transferring any bitcoin to your wallet, look up reviews for the wallet you want to use. They should be easy to find. If they aren't, that itself is a reason to be extra careful.